Sunday, May 20, 2007

Moving towards more mainstream photography?

As some folks know me, I'm an amateur photographer who has lent my time to work with cosplayers here in Hawaii. I find the work fulfilling since I get to practice portrait work and meet fellow anime fans.

Lately however I'll admit, I've had a hankering to work on things other than cosplay photography, it's just a bit harder. Hiking is sort of out of the question for now since I'm horribly out of shape (unless you count round as a shape). Studio work is out since I'm not taking classes or workshops and don't have any space. Floral is getting harder to do w/o hiking (grr) and special events can sometimes be more trouble than their worth (especially if people think you're the professional photographer they hired for footage).

So that leaves me in the odd position of trying to figure out something to shoot =\ A rekindled go at Macro photography has me peaked since I can do some of that indoors and focus on lighting and such (though I'll need one more big macro lens). Scenery photography is another idea, mountains, waterfalls etc, though again hiking...

I'll pose it to the online community, ideas? Suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home