Monday, November 27, 2006

Testing of new photogear


Well had a few items on my wishlist that I finally got just prior to a photoshoot with members from 808cosplay and Kawaii-Kon forum goers. Among the hardware I got to try out, a San Disk 4GB Ultra III card. Helped during the burst sequences. A flash diffuser/filter (hehe cheapo simple plastic that it is) and a replacement Domke photographers vest.

Now I admit the vest, well makes me looking f'in' dorky. But I enjoy it since I can keep spare batteries, my cleaning gear, filters, you name it. Doesn't hurt that the vest also saves my shirts from getting ruined if I have to go prone for a low angle shot.

The new CF card was also great, replacing my 4GB Microdrive as my RAW/high cap memory option, the card was barely half full by the end of the day (mostly cause I shot JPG this time around). Burst write speed was very good and in the earlier part of the shoot came in very handy.

Unfortunately since I don't have any flash photography w/o the filter on I really didn't have a good comparison but I did see the impact in terms of reducing excessive bounce back and flare so I'm happy with the purchase. Click here for the cosplay webgallery

Photo by Zarli Win

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home