Sunday, November 26, 2006

Black Friday... Why?

Now I'll be honest and say that Black Friday is one of those days that has perplexed me to no end. Any which way you look at it, it's an excuse for people to convince themselves that staying up all night after a turkey dinner and camping the local electronics store or chain store. For what though? Saving a on some electronics?

I'm all for saving money, god knows with the way the economy is we could use the extra dollars, but there's a finite limit. The one time I actually shopped on Black Friday was in SF and it wasn't pretty. Having stuff pulled from my hand while shopping in a Macy's and seeing folks at a Target have stuff swiped from their shopping carts was just nuts.

What happened to the idea that the holidays are for spending time with your family? Enjoying the season? No instead we have, "ZOMG microwaves take an extra 30% off!!" Is this what parents are teaching their kids these days? That the all mighty sale is the rally cry for the family unit in America? If that's the case, let me tell you I'd just as rather pay the normal price.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home