Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Death of 35mm: I for one hope not

Announcement from Nikon UK

I for one found this very disheartening. Let's face it these days for the average user a digital camera can provide a lot of flexibility. No need to develop film and considerably less fuss with "film". But for those of us that have known the joys of working with a full frame 35mm, you have to admit, there's just nuances to photography that digital won't capture. There's an organic feel to a processed roll of 35 that is difficult to explain.

While I may be a predominantly digital darkroom type of guy these days, I realize that's for the truest form of photography you have to keep your roots. I don't really agree with this particular choice by Nikon's UK unit to discontinue 35mm all together. I can only hope that other vendors (Canon, Konika Minolta, Hasselblad, et al) do not follow suit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home